Why & when was Miura BoardTM founded?
- The patented technology behind Miura Board has been in use in Brazil and Argentina with outstanding results for well over a decade.
- We are, as a society, the biggest producers by far of plastic, carpet, and many other types of waste.
- Our first US plant came on stream in late 2018, after a long R&D phase to determine the best formulations, given the locally available “waste” feedstocks.
Where is your facility located?
- We are located at 465 E Deer St, Kountze, TX 77625, USA
What is Miura BoardTM like?
- It’s a durable, versatile wood and plastic replacement – made from a fiber-reinforced plastic composite.
- Miura BoardTM is produced using 100% recycled materials, and the product itself is also recyclable at product end-of-life
- Creation process: Miura BoardTM takes in commingled plastics and combines them with post consumer carpet backing. We then use a patented process to blend those thermoplastics with non-melting fibers such as nylon or polyester (PET), which can be drawn from a variety of sources, most notably post-consumer carpet.
- We use only recycled materials and typically do not pigment; as a result, our product has been variously described as grey, slate, and even “cement-like” in appearance. However, custom colors are available for a premium – contact us for more information.
Why did you create this product? Was there a specific need, or just an idea for using waste?
- “We started our company to save the planet from plastic waste and to reduce logging and the use of landfills. Essentially when most people see plastic waste, we actually see wasted plastic,” – Alfredo Faubel, CEO
- Cut waste, not trees™ is our motto.
What locations/regions do you service?
- We ship Miura BoardTM everywhere in the US and for export to any country except Brazil and Argentina. Contact us for a local representative/distributor.
Why is versatility of the product so important?
- “The beauty of this technology is that it’s very agnostic in terms of the kinds of feedstocks you can use,” – Alfredo Faubel, CEO
- Miura Board™ has been variously likened to a “solution in search of a problem” and a Swiss army knife with an infinite number of tools. Our very creative customers find ever new uses for it because of its durability, eco-friendly nature, extremely low water absorption, impact and wear resistance, and ability to use in any application where you would use wood, PLUS it’s weldable and can be pressure washed.
Who are some of your notable clients?
- Starbucks – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- City of Gainesville Parks Recreation (Florida)